Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/16/10 What we did in class on that day

So I completely forgot to blog after class the last several classes so I'm writing down my thoughts on what we learned now.

Today we learned about image generators and web presentation tools. I really liked playing around with the image generators, especially the motivational posters creators. I've always enjoyed the sarcastic ones so I created a sarcastic one about a recent trend that I find highly entertaining. We also made a wordle and a ALA READ poster, which was pretty cool, but I didn't really like the themes in the READ poster so if I made one eventually, I might try to just play around in photoshop...provided my school had it.

Learning about the different presentation tools was interesting...but actually creating one was definitely not. Anne and I got 280slides.com and it was an absolutely horrible presentation tool. The software never really worked properly, it kept freezing whenever I tried to add images (which is what our presentation's central focus was). We eventually gave up and tried SlideFlickr.com which was equally useless, as you could only post it on facebook, twitter, myspace, or the like. When I tried posting it on twitter it did not work at all and again we gave up after trying everything we could think of. If you're interested in reading more about our horrible experience, I wrote a blow-by-blow in my wiki for the class over here. I might need to add you to the wiki so you can view it though, I think I set it on private. My ALA READ poster, motivational poster, and wordle are over there too.

That's about it for 7/16!

No comments:

Post a Comment