Wednesday, July 21, 2010

7/19/10 What we did in class this past Monday.

Outside of the day we learned all about the crazy Google functions, this was my favorite day of the class. We covered digital storytelling, animation and cartooning, and glogster/wix.

I especially liked the digital storytelling. Voicethread and Photostory are fantastic resources with a million uses. One of the teachers I observed used Photostory with her elementary students, grades 3-5, with a poets and poetry unit. The kids seemed to love it just as much as I did!

We didn't do much with the animation although we saw several videos that showed you the results you can get from animating your own segment. I'm actually in charge of animating our group's final project so I'll get to explore those sites more on my own.

Unfortunately, Glogster was on the fritz when we tried to use it on the 19th and the 20th so I'll have to try that out myself another time. We did use Wix, which was awesome. I loved the themes and the options and it was very easy to use, and looked really professional when I completed it. I'll definitely use Wix again...although if I'm working with younger kids I may use Glogster because it seems to be better for a younger audience. You can see my Wix at my wiki.

So overall, a pretty awesome day and I learned a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment